Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 7 Vintage Pillowcase



I am not going to lie, I made this dress with my daughter in mind not to sell. I found this vintage baby blue pillowcase on ebay and just fell in love with the embroidery on the bottom plus it matches her eyes perfectly. Don't get me wrong, if someone is dying to have it, it's yours...there are more pillowcases to be found on ebay! Plus, it gives me an excuse to go antique searching with my friend Sara. This one must be pretty old cause I had a hack of a time trying to get the wrinkles out. I must admit, starting with a finished pillowcase is a whole lot easier than starting with fabric and I love the vintage look. Birdie has always been a little bit "Little House on the Prairie". She wants a dress that she can chase chickens and work in the garden in. This is it. In fact I think I like it better than the bright colored ones...at least for today, I am in a simple kind of mood.

I am running out of bias tape, wonder if it would be fun to have a bias tape maker so that it would always match? I think tomorrow I am going to make a skirt out of the dress she just stained. Maybe I will do a tutorial. My husband is getting pretty tired of me spending every night making dresses, better try for nap time. Until tomorrow, God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment