Thursday, March 31, 2011

Patchwork Bag

I am completely inspired by the creative mastermind of my great friend Kezlee.  She makes incredible goodies which can be found at i kissed a toad!  She uses her scraps to make "free" but wonderful fabrics so I did the same.  I cut them into 2"x3" rectangles, seamed them together,  slammed a zigzag stitch line along the seams (it took a LONG time) and then seamed them together again but off centered of course because, well, I am not a straight line kind of girl.t

I made this bag and decided to keep it...yes you read that correctly, I actually kept something and started more bag panels to make as gifts.

Wow, it cleared my scrap drawer down to virtually nada, nothing, ready to be filled again!!!    In the midst of making these bags and another for my aunt I ended up with some extra bright colored patchwork straps. I am hoping those are going to become a camera strap for my friend Amy of Amy Shertzer Photography.  She and I are working on putting together a combined blog giveaway.  Not sure I have enough people reading my blog considering how sparse they are but she is an amazing photographer and definitely needs an amazing camera strap!  For right now I have an Easter dress to make for a very eager 8 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment