Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Birdie's Fabric Penant Banner


I have a blank wall left in Birdie's new room that has been driving me crazy.  I decided to make a fabric pennant banner for the wall using leftover fabric that I had used in her room decor.

I didn't use a tutorial but wanted to have one for you so I searched and found a great one for you at Your Home Based Mom, thanks Leigh Anne.

 I cannot wait to make one with lots of different fabrics but this one is just going to be some leftover coordinating fabrics from her curtains and quilt with some great applique. 
I couldn't believe how easy it was.  I made my own bias tape and was still done in less than 2 hours, applique and all!  I used a rotary cutter for mine because I love the zig zag edge.  I cut the letters using my cricut and the "Old West" cartridge.  I think it turned out super cute.  Now we just need to hang her rope underneath it and it is done!

I would love to see yours it you make one!


Close up


No comments:

Post a Comment